Navigation to DefinitionsThe Navigate menu in the menubar includes two commands to navigate to classes and definitions. The Open Class... command opens the dialog on the left. The Open Definition... command opens the dialog on the right.
Moving the mouse while holding down the Ctrl key, or positioning the mouse pointer above a word and pressing the Ctrl key, puts a hyperlink on the word under the mouse pointer. By clicking the mouse at that time, the user is able to navigate quickly to the definition of the selected word. The plug-in acts as follows:
- If the word is not recognized as a class, a method, a function, a class attribute or a module attribute, the computer will beep to indicate this situation.
- If there exists a unique definition in the Jython project, the definition will be opened in an editor, possibly the same editor in which the word was clicked.
- If there exist multiple definitions in the Jython project, a pop-up window
with all the definitions is put on the screen. When the user selects the
desired definition, the definition will be opened in an editor, possibly
the same editor in which the word was clicked.
- If the definition exists in a referenced project, the definition will be opened
in an editor, possibly after showing a pop-up window with all definitions.
- The word under the mouse pointer is not interpreted. Therefore, the plug-in will put hyperlinks on all words, even if that has no sense. For instance, Ctrl-clicking on keywords, like 'import', 'class', etc results in a beep.
- The plug-in also puts hyperlinks on literal numbers. Ctrl-clicking them results in a beep.
- Definition of names in libaries cannot be opened.