New in Version 1.4.x
Version 1.4.x comes with many new features. Refer to the release history for the implemented stories in version 1.4.x. Here is an overview of the new and changed features, so that you can find the new and updated documentation rapidly without browsing all pages.
- The new class hierarchy view is able to display subclass and superclass hierarchies.
- Jython projects can have referenced Jython projects. This feature comes with several benefits:
- Jython packages are recognized. The browsing view displays all source folders of a project and all package folders in the source folders.
- Classes and definition can be opened via Open Class... and Open Definition... commands.
- Automatic indentation has been improved. A new line is indented less when inserted after pass and return statements.
- Backspace on a line with white space before the caret is interpreted as removing one indentation level, that is 4 spaces.
- The views in the Browsing perspective are updated on module addition, deletion and change.
- Abstract classes and methods are recognized and they are displayed with a special icon.
- Errors and warnings in modules are indicated by the standard Eclipse overlay icons for module icons in the Browsing perspective.
- The Modules view in the Browsing perspective has a menu with a New and a Delete command. The New command allows the user to select a new module template from a list defined in the preferences.
- The Projects view in the Browsing perspective provides filtering based on working sets. It also provides a command to delete $py.class files.
- References to source folders in the properties of a Jython project are updated correctly after deleting and moving them and when renaming the project.
- All built-in modules can be browsed and their definitions are available when performing content assist.
- The new wizard includes: Jython Module, Jython Package, Jython Source Folder, Jython Project.
- "Jython" and "Jython Browsing" are available as perspective shortcuts in these perspectives: Java, Java Browsing, Java Type Hierarchy, Debug, Resource.